The Commission has positioned all of its operations consistently with a view to supporting college-level institutions. For this reason, it has chosen to carry out different elements of its mandate progressively over time, with the goal of allowing these institutions increasingly to become more responsible for evaluations.
Before implementing the audit of the effectiveness of quality assurance systems in the spring of 2013, the Commission carried out the following evaluations:
- institutional policies on the evaluation of student achievement and program assessment policies (ongoing since 1993)
- of programs of study, including general education (between 1994 and 2008)
- the application of the institutional program evaluation policy (1998-2000 and 2005)
- institutional evaluation (2000-2004)
- first Success Plans (2000-2004)
- private subsidized college Success Plans (ongoing since 2004)
- cegep’s strategic plans, including Success Plans (ongoing since 2004)
- the application of institutional policies on the evaluation of student achievement(2006-2012)
- the effectiveness of strategic plans and of Success Plans in the colleges involved (2007-2014)
- the evaluation of a program and the application of an institutional program evaluation policy (2010-2016)
- the integrative approach to the follow-up process for the recommendations with specific institutions (ongoing since 2012)
Within the context of the creation of various new private institutions since 2013, the Commission launched an operation specifically created for them: the preliminary approach for evaluating their quality assurance systems.
Terms of Reference for ongoing valuation operations published before the fall of 2022 are available in English. English versions of the terms of reference for completed operations can be provided upon request.