For all personal information files retained by the Commission in electronic or paper medium, security measures are taken to ensure their protection:
- access control by restricted access pass;li>
- locked filing cabinets for certain types of documents;
- secure on-site document destruction;
- secure destruction on electronic mediums;
- secured server rooms and controlled access to servers;
- secure network environment and access to files;
- Log of certain actions.
Only the Commission has access to these files and none are distributed externally. The Calendar of document retention specifies the retention time and rules for this data on an electronic medium.