The Commission d’évaluation de l’enseignement collégial takes all the necessary precautions to ensure the confidentiality of personal information according to the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information the Act to establish a legal framework for information technology.
The Commission’s website does not place any permanent cookies on your computer’s hard drive.
Information exchanged automatically between computers does not in any way personally identify you. It is collected only to meet the technological requirements for Internet browsing and is used for statistical purposes.
Automatically transmitted information
When you access the Commission’s website, automatically, without your intervention, an exchange of information takes place between your computer and the Commission website’s server. The following information is then exchanged:
- The Internet domain name (for example, “xcompany.com” if you are using a private Internet access account, or “university.edu” if you are accessing it from a university) and your IP address (an IP address is a number that it automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet provider whenever you are surfing the Web) with which you access our website;
- the type of browser and operating system you use to access our website;
- the date and time you access our website;
- the pages you visit;
- If you access the www.ceec.gouv.qc.ca site from another website, the address of this site (referrer site).
This information exchange is necessary for the server to send you a file compatible with the computer equipment that you use. The Commission’s Internet service provider stores the information required to record the number of visitors, the most frequently visited pages, the technology used by the site’s clientele, referrer sites and the website user’s country of origin.
If you send us your personal information
In accordance with the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies, the ministry or organization requesting personal information must be sure of the necessity of gathering information (article 64), identify itself and inform you (excerpt from article 65):
- of the name and address of the public body on whose behalf the information is being collected;
- of the use made of that information;
- of the categories of the persons who will have access to this information
- of whether the request is mandatory or optional;
- of the consequences for the person concerned, or as the case may be, for the third person, in case of a refusal to reply;
- of the rights of access and correction provided under the acts
If you choose to send us personal information by email, we will use only the information required to respond to your message and to provide a follow-up. Electronic messages are treated with the same confidentiality as regular mail.
Any personal information received is communicated only to another governmental organization when your request concerns this agency or when such communication is required by law. Under no circumstances is the information received used to create a user profile or sent to any private bodies.
Links to other websites and limitations of liability
Our site provides relevant links to other websites. The link site is then opened in a new window. Please note that information exchanged is no longer subject to our confidentiality policy, but rather under that of the linked website if applicable.
Compliance with the policy, comments or complaints
Should you wish to obtain more information on the current policy or if you have comments about the latter, or if you wish to file a complaint because you believe this policy has not been followed, please contact the Commission at the following address: email@example.com